All images were created for Deals in High Heels except 'Mood' slideshow which is sourced from Pinterest. Please contact us if you want any of these images removed.
Although we promote linking and sharing to our articles, pictures and videos, please include appropriate link credentials to this blog.
This site uses Google AdSense advertisements and affiliate links. This website does not control the content of the advertisements or the conduct of third parties. The owner of this site may receive compensation from affiliates or sponsors for reviews or recommendations, but please note all are based on honest opinions.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, Deals in High Heels or Briar Prestidge will not sell or give away your personal information and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you comment on a post, we will not use your personal information in any way.
As typical of other websites, Deals in High Heels may passively collect information regarding country and time of access through use of Google Analytics. This information is not stored, and is no personal information (such as your name) is collected.
What kind of personal information does briarprestidge.com or dealsinhighheels.com use?
When you subscribe to our email list, you’ll be asked for your name and email address.
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information, like your IP address, or browser, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does briarprestidge.com and dealsinhighheels.com collect and use your personal data?
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- We may use your contact information to send you news about similar products and services. We also send our customers regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualised offers may be shown to you on the briarprestidge.com or dealsinhighheels.com website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites, MeeetUp and Eventbrite.
- When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you via email.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our website.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies (hereafter together referred to as “cookies”).
Why are cookies used?
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognized as the same user across pages. Cookies enable your browser to be recognized by the website. So cookies are mainly used to remember the choices you have made – choices such as the language you prefer and the currency you use. They will also make sure you are recognized when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
How are cookies used?
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: We try to provide our visitors with an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively. For example, we remember your preferred currency and language, your searches and the property you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight on how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you viewed, which referring/exit pages you entered and left from, which platform type you used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they’ve been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites. We will not know who you are, and we only obtain anonymous data.
- Commercial cookies: We use these to show you briarprestidge.com or dealsinhighheels.com advertisements on other websites. This is called “retargeting” and it aims to be based on your browsing activities on our website, such as the destinations you’ve been searching for, the properties you’ve viewed and the prices you’ve been shown.
How long do dealsinhighheels.com or briarprestidge.com cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want.
How can you recognise briarprestidge.com or dealsinhighheels.com cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This means we are able to collect and process your personal data to provide you with the products and services you have selected, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, and only in cases where your interests are not adversely affected. We are also able to collect and process your personal data in cases where we need to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
As always, if you have any questions about this, or anything else, our team would love to hear from you.