The Office Power Bun
My lovely colleague, Georgia, shows us how we can create a powerful hair up-do... in under 10 minutes!
Now, I'll be first to admit that I am incredibly lazy when it comes to bothering with my hair. You will either see it out or in a basic ponytail when I'm at work. Georgia on the other hand, has her hair in the most fantastic up-dos which receive plenty of compliments and attention from our other colleagues.
I managed to convince Georgia to teach us one of my favourite looks: THE OFFICE POWER BUN WITH PLAIT DETAIL
GEORGIA'S HAIR TIPS
- Refrain from washing your hair. Try and wash it every 5- 7 days to create volume and give yourself a good foundation to build your hair up-do on.
- Use hair pins that match your hair colour.
- To secure hair pins: Push the pin straight down into your head and then push under your hair. Push two hair pins over each other to form a cross.
- If you have thin hair, spray hairpray into the roots and blow dry your hair upside down.
- If your hair is looking oily, use hairspray as it will absorb the oil.
- Massage 'Love Big Hair' by Mark Hill (HERE) into your hair roots for big and wild hair.
- If you have any uneven pieces in your quiff, run a bobby pin over the surface of your hair.
We would love to hear your thoughts on this hair up-do and how it goes! Next time, Georgia shows us how to do an intricate office plait up- do, so stay tuned.
Briar Prestidge xx